Can you believe it is almost Ekka time again? The Natural Fibres Fashion Parades presented by Moët & Chandon are back for another year and will feature a stunning new Winter Wonderland theme. Photographer Richard Smith (be inspired by his gorgeous photography, here) has kindly provided us with a sneak peek at some of the truly beautiful fashion that will be on display during the parades.
The Natural Fibres Fashion Parades will be shown at 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm & 2.30pm daily and are said to “transport audiences to a whimsical winter wonderland”. The parades, directed by Laura Churchill for the second year, will champion Queensland fashion, with a fresh line-up of 26 women’s and menswear designers . Each designer will showcase a collection using the natural materials of cotton, wool, silk and leather.
The designers showing in this years parades are:
- Gail Sorronda
- White Label Noba
- Darb Bridal Couture
- Lazygirl Lingerie x Missy Noir
- Irma J Smith
- Pia du Pradal
- Living Silk
- Nelson Molloy
- Jordan Hewitt
- Annalisse Designs
- Silk Ilk
- Jericho Road Clothing
- Twelve student designers will also be chosen to feature in the parades
I am also very much looking forward to the Fibre to Fashion Conversation Series hosted by Laura Churchill on the Fashion Stage. The below events will be held at 12pm on the nominated day:
- August 11: Fashion lecturer, mentor and creative Carla Van Lunn will record her Fashion Wayfinder podcast live
- August 12: 17 year old designer and school student Connor O’Grady will talk about his early start in fashion at the age of eight and his successful career since
- August 15: Up-cycling fashion design artist and natural fibre advocate Jonathan Pampling, aka Athan Jon, will get the audience thinking outside the box
- August 18: Designer panel discussion with Ringers Western and WS Workshop
I hope to see you there this year!